Friday, July 31, 2009

St Journal 3 (term3)

In section page 3
A Deadly Business

1a) What are the 2 worrying trends about drug trafficking mentioned in the article?

The first worrying trend is now not just adults or men anymore, now even teenagers and women are getting caught up in the dangerous trade. The another worrying trend is that mre Singaporeans are being arrested for drugs crime overseas.

1b) Why are Singaporeans increasingly being used as "drug mules"?

This is because Singaporeans do not need a visa for many places, and they are also less likely to be checked because of Singaporeans's reputation for being tough on drugs.

2) What will you do if you find out that one of your friends is selling drugs? How will you react if someone tries to sell you drugs?

I will advise them to quit the job of selling drugs as it a very risky job. If you are above 18 years old and get caught, you will be jail and will be cane. If they do not want to listen, I will try telling their parent, and maybe their parent can help them up. Another is I will ask a social councilors to help them up. I will reject them immediately and walk away. If they continue go pester me, I will report this to the police and let the police settle this matter themself. I do not want to get involed with all those thing and I do not want trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment